BRINDABELLAS | edge of light is the first feature-length production from silver dory – a Canberra-based creative agency specialising in full-spectrum (near-infrared) imaging (stills and motion). Alongside their distinctive documentaty and fine-art imaging silver dory also provides a range of conventional photography and videography (RED Digital Cinema systems) – including 4K / UHD video production and 4K / UHD stock footage and associated licensing | more on commercial imaging
Writer | Photographer | Cinematographer
Glen is the owner / manager of silver dory productions. BRINDABELLAS is Glen’s seventh near-infrared landscape series but the first to be specifically developed around motion rather than stills. Previous near-infrared print series include dromedary (2000), sandstone (2002), dusk (2002) and mystery bay (2004) – featuring the coastal landscapes of Southeast NSW – and limestone (2007) and karst country (2013) featuring the limestone landscapes of Wee Jasper, NSW. Glen also collaborated with silver dory colleague James van der Moezel to produce the near-infrared motion piece karst country in 2013.
James van der Moezel
Writer | Editor | Post Production Supervisor | Colourist | Camera Operator
James is the head of post production at silver dory and was responsible for editing, grading and all other post production on the film. As well as co-writing and developing the overall concept at different times James also shot second camera, recorded ambient sound and carried heavy weights across alpine swamps for ‘innovative’ dolly shots. brindabellas is the second near-infrared project James has co-developed having established his reputation as a leading full-spectrum cloud wrangler while working on the 2013 silver dory short infrared motion piece karst country.
Soundtrack Composer and Production Supervisor
Marcus is a Canberra based musician, composer and audio editor who works as a mixing and mastering engineer for Redbak Recording Studios in Leeton, NSW (when he’s not creating sweeping ambient soundscapes for near-infrared film projects!) Marcus also provides a complete range of freelance mixing, mastering and audio editing services for various musical and media productions.
Soundtrack Composer and Producer
Andy is a prolific Canberra musician and songwriter who regularly performs in an eclectic range of line-ups – including cross-generational two-piece Vice Like Grip, heirloom indie veterans Waterford and his solo persona – Andy Star. Andy drew on his diverse musical background and unique recording style to create a suite of distinctive audio creations within the BRINDABELLAS soundtrack.
BRINDABELLAS | film details
- Concept: developed and written by Glen Ryan and James van der Moezel | silver dory productions
- Producer: Glen Ryan
- Cinematographer: Glen Ryan
- Camera Operator & First Assistant Camera: James van der Moezel
- Editor, Post Production Supervisor & Colourist: James van der Moezel
- Original Soundtrack: Marcus Hooper and Andy Heaney
- Sound design and recording: James van der Moezel and Glen Ryan
- silver dory | in the field
- Preview: May 30, 2014 – Arc Cinema – National Film and Sound Archive, Canberra, Australia.
- VOD release (five parts): from May 28, 2015 – Vimeo on Demand
- Edge of Light (feature-length): September 30, 2015 – Vimeo on Demand
- Public release (22 chapters): from August, 2016 – iView, Vimeo, YouTube
- Runtime: 140 minutes (Edge of Light)
- Colour: black and white
- Aspect Ratio: 2:1
- Camera: Full-spectrum modified RED Epic-X and Red Epic-X – Nikkor lenses
- Negative Format: Redcode RAW 5K