UPDATE | August 2016
NEW | All 22 chapters of edge of light are now available for general viewing on Vimeo and YouTube. So we have collected them all here (in order) for anyone wanting to work their way through from start to finish. The five seasonal parts summer, autumn, winter, spring and summer (returns) have also been upgraded to 4K on Vimeo on Demand for anyone looking for a slightly extended near-infrared motion experience. If you already own the original HD VOD versions then just pop back and update your downloads to the new 4K versions.
NOTE | The complete 140 minute edge of light version on Vimeo on Demand now also comes bundled with the five 4K seasonal parts. So if you already have the original HD download you can now access the 4K updates on the edge of light VOD page.
Transformations from the edge of light
BRINDABELLAS | edge of light features the sky and landscapes of the Canberra region of Australia – in particular the Brindabella Ranges – captured in near-infrared. This feature-length film (140+ minutes in total) focuses on the interplay of mountain light, air and water as these elements are transformed across the seasons – from clouds to mist, rain and snow – then frost and ice – and onto creeks and rivers. It explores both the wider montane vistas of the Brindabellas and the more intimate details of the natural flows that are created by these mountains and, in turn, shape the very landscapes they arise from.
BRINDABELLAS | edge of light has been the primary silver dory productions near-infrared project since early 2013 – with two years in the field filming and more than three years in post-production | more on the development of BRINDABELLAS
BRINDABELLAS | film details
- Concept: developed and written by Glen Ryan and James van der Moezel | silver dory productions
- Producer: Glen Ryan
- Cinematographer: Glen Ryan
- Camera Operator & First Assistant Camera: James van der Moezel
- Editor, Post Production Supervisor & Colourist: James van der Moezel
- Original Soundtrack: Marcus Hooper and Andy Heaney
- Sound design and recording: James van der Moezel and Glen Ryan
- BRINDABELLAS | development
- Preview: May 30, 2014 – Arc Cinema – National Film and Sound Archive, Canberra, Australia.
- VOD release (five parts): from May 28, 2015 – Vimeo on Demand
- Edge of Light (feature-length): September 30, 2015 – Vimeo on Demand
- Public release (22 chapters): from August, 2016 – iView, Vimeo, YouTube
- Runtime: 140 minutes (Edge of Light)
- Colour: black and white
- Aspect Ratio: 2:1
- Camera: Full-spectrum modified RED Epic-X and Red Epic-X – Nikkor lenses
- Negative Format: Redcode RAW 5K
Purchasing edge of light | Vimeo on Demand
The five seasonal parts have now been upgraded to 4K on Vimeo on Demand.
1. summer is available through Vimeo on Demand here | or via the trailer below.
2. autumn is available through Vimeo on Demand here | or via the trailer below.
3. winter is available through Vimeo on Demand here | or via the trailer below.
4. spring is available through Vimeo on Demand here | or via the trailer below.
5. summer (returns) is available through Vimeo on Demand here | or via the trailer below.
All five seasonal parts are now also available in the edge of light complete package here | or via the trailer below.
NOTE | If you already own original HD Vimeo on Demand versions these can be updated to the new 4K versions on their respective download pages.